I have been a lip gloss/lip balm addict since I was a little girl. Here's a quick, simple recipe I love!
Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup shaved or pellets of beeswax
- containers (I buy bead storage containers - the ones on bottom in the above photo - from Michaels & sanitize them.)
Optional Ingredients:
- orange essential oil
- honey
- jojoba oil
Instructions:
1. Using a double boiler system (or the microwave), heat the wax & coconut oil until they are completely melted. (If using the microwave, heat in 30 second increments.)
2. Here is where you add any optional ingredients. I like to add a few drops of essential oil for an additional layer of fragrance. (I love orange with this. It smells like a tropical smoothie!) I also love jojoba oil & honey (add just a tsp) for extra moisture.
3. Pour into containers & let completely cool (about 2 hours).
This recipe should fill about 6 small containers.
Note: Beeswax can be a bit pricey, but a little goes a long way. I suggest purchasing it at a major craft store like Michaels or Hobby Lobby with one of their 40% off coupons! Even better, if you know a local beekeeper, you might be able to work out a deal for local organic wax!
I purchase essential oils at a local organic store (Food Fantasies in Springfield, IL). There are numerous online retailers that carry essential oils. I suggest researching the companies' BBB standing & product reviews before deciding which brand is the best for you.




No comments:
Post a Comment